Chickpeas & Power Salad
When to eat: Post-workout (fibrous protein) Power salad aids digestion We recommend eating post-workout as beans take some digesting and best not to be digesting mid-workout. They also contain enough protein to quench our protein thirst, unless you happen to be an olympic athlete or bodybuilder. 1 cup = 15g protein... AND more importantly = 12g fiber (2/3 insoluble) Raw greens will help your body recover quickly and digest the beans faster.
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup diced raw leek
- 1/2 cup sprouts
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1 tsp hemp hearts
- 2 tsp good quality EV olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 1 tsp grapeseed oil
- 3 large kale leaves
- For the salad: combine all the ingredients, don't overthink it, any greens will do in place of kale.
- For the chickpeas: heat grape seed oil in a wok on medium heat, add the diced red onion, 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add the chickpeas, 2 minutes, the pan is medium to hot.
- Add garlic, chilli and paprika, 1 minute.
- Add greens, the pan is now hot, 1 minute.
- Add the rice wine and let it deglaze the wok. Serve immediately with salad.