Our biggest challenge in vegan baking is moisture and lightness, we added some butternut squash to this recipe and it works so nicely with the banana. enjoy :) As you can see in the photo, this recipe works for muffins also! Makes 1 medium sized loaf
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp toasted nuts
- 50 g dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 50 g creamed coconut
- Set oven to 350-400F.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, set aside.
- Blend wet ingredients and fold into dry ingredients very carefully, do not over mix. Once combined pour into a loaf tin and immediately bake for 40 min.
- You will need to let the loaf cool down before adding the topping.
- Melt the chocolate and 1 tbsp coconut oil over hot water (use a metal bowl on simmering water or a smaller pan in a bigger pan - this way it has a handle). Drizzle the melted chocolate over the loaf and let it cool for 5 min.
- Gently heat the creamed coconut with 1 tbsp of coconut oil. Once melted carefully drizzle over the loaf, try not to melt too much of the chocolate as it will combine and become very thin and lose a little effect. Add your toasted nuts and let it cool before slicing.