Sticky Maple Syrup Ribs
Oven temperature 160’c/gas mark 4
- French parsley
- 2 pinch chilli powder
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 3 tbsp Clarks Maple Syrup
- 35 g tomato ketchup
- 125 g hoisin sauce
- 75 g tomato puree
- 2 racks of British pork spare ribs
- 2 star anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 litre Cola
- Preheat the oven.
- Place the ribs, star anise and cinnamon in a large roasting tin. Pour in enough cola to cover the ribs.
- Cover with foil and roast for 1 ½ hours or until the meat is tender.
- Place the marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Remove the ribs form the oven, drain and cool.
- Brush the ribs liberally with the sticky marinade, cover and place in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight
- Cook on medium hot coals, turning and basting regularly until the ribs are dark and sticky. (alternatively cook under a medium hot grill).