CHEWY LEMON, GINGER AND CHIA FLAPJACKS
Made with Clarks Date Syrup, a perfect natural alternative to refined or artificial sugars.
- 200 g Clarks date syrup
- 6 tbsp light olive oil
- 125 g jumbo oats
- 175 g porridge oats
- 50 g toasted flaked almonds
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Zest 1 lemon
- 60 g dried apricots
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 medium egg
- Heat the oven to Gas Mark 3/160°C/140°C fan. Line a 20 x 30cm baking tin with baking paper and brush with oil.
- Bring the date syrup and oil to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 mins.
- In a bowl, mix together the jumbo and porridge oats, almonds, ground ginger, lemon zest, apricots and chia seeds. Pour in the hot syrup and mix well. Stir in the beaten eggs. Spoon into the prepared tin and smooth the surface.
- Bake for 25 mins until the surface is just firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and cool for a few mins. Cut into bars using a sharp knife and leave for a further 10 mins. Transfer the bars to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container and use within a week or freeze for up to 2 months.
- TIP: for a lighter flapjack use 125g Clarks date syrup and 75g Clarks carob syrup