APPLE, CRANBERRY, PISTACHIO AND MAPLE MUFFINS
By swapping sugar for Maple Syrup, these delicious muffins contain 32% less Free Sugars than a traditional Muffin Recipe.
- 25 g Pistachio Nuts
- 2 tbsp Porridge Oats
- 6 tbsp Semi-Skimmed Milk
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 3 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 100 g Unsweetened Apple Puree
- 350 g Self-Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 50 g Dried Cranberries
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 piece Red Skinned Apple
- 150 g Maple Syrup
- Heat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/170°C fan. Line a muffin tin with paper or silicon cases.
- Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl. Stir in the cranberries, cinnamon and all but 2tbsp of the apple. In a jug, whisk the maple syrup, apple puree, oil, eggs and milk. Pour into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix quickly until just combined – do not overmix.
- Using an ice cream scoop, spoon the mixture into the muffin cases. Mix together the pistachios and remaining cinnamon, apple and maple syrup and scatter a little over each muffin.
- Bake for 15-18 mins until just springy to the touch. Remove from the oven, cool for a few mins then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.