White Chocolate Coated Crunch Slice
A slice of heaven for chocolate lovers. Notes: Store in an airtight container, refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. Let the slice sit out in room temperature before slicing, this will give you perfect, straight slices/squares. Chill time: 1-2 hours Yields 15-20 slices
- 2 cups almonds
- 1/2 cup LSA (linseed, sunflower & almond meal)
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- Pinch of himalayan pink salt
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large banana
- 2 tsp peppermint essence
- 1 vanilla bean extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, dairy free
- 300 grams white chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- Base: Line a rectangle brownie baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, finely chop the almonds (leave some small chunks of almonds for texture but most of it should be a fine crumb) still in the processor, add LSA, coconut, sultanas, cacao and salt and pulse until well combined.
- Add in the coconut oil, banana, peppermint and vanilla and combine until the mixture sticks together.
- Add in chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Press into prepared pan, set aside.
- Topping: In a double boiler melt white chocolate over low-medium heat. Stirring occasionally while it melts.
- Once completely melted, turn off heat and pour in the coconut oil and vanilla.
- Add coconut and mix until well combined. It will become thick.
- Pour mixture over your prepared base, evenly, use a spatula to do this.
- Set in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours or until completely set.
- To serve Once set, remove from the refrigerator and let the slice thaw for approx. 15-20 minutes before slicing. This will ensure easier slicing and less crumbling.
- Serve and enjoy!