Honey Cinnamon Mini Cupcakes
Notes: Store mini cupcakes in an airtight container, in the pantry for 1 week - 10 days. Yields: 23 mini cupcakes
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 3-4 cup icing sugar
- 3-4 tbsp almond milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 30 g butter
- Cake: Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF) and grease a 24-hole mini cupcake pan with coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk flour, almond, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine eggs, coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup and milk, mix well.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry mix, pour in wet mixture. Gently fold wet into dry until just combined. Removing any lumps.
- Spoon batter into mini cupcake pan, fill them 3/4 of the way up.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden and a toothpick comes out clean, making sure not to over bake.
- Let cool in pan for 2 minutes then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Frosting: In the bowl of a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, add butter. Using the whisk attachment, whisk the butter for 30 seconds or until just soft.
- Gradually add icing sugar, 1 cup at a time.
- Between the addition of the icing sugar, add almond milk, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Pour in honey, beat well.
- Add cinnamon and whisk frosting for a further 1-2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Pipe a dollop of frosting on each mini cupcake, i used a Wilton 4B piping tip.
- Serve and Enjoy!