Almond Butter Macaroons
This recipe will yield 12 – 15 macaroons. Note: Macaroons will soften at room temperature. Keep refrigerated when storing. You will to chill the macaroons for at least 30 minutes before adding the icing.
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Cocobella Coconut Water
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 3/4 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Juice of half a small lemon
- Cocobella Coconut Water
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add almond butter, melted coconut oil, maple syrup and coconut water and mix until well combined.
- Stir through cacao powder until smooth.
- Gradually add in desiccated coconut, mixing well after each addition.
- Take 1 tablespoon of mixture and make rounds on the prepared baking tray.
- Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Place the baking tray in the freezer for 30 minutes or until the macaroons are set. Or set in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- In a small mixing bowl, add icing sugar and lemon.
- Pour in 1 tablespoon of coconut water at a time, until you get your desired consistency. Mixing well after each addition. You may use up to 1/2 - 3/4 cup of coconut water.
- Add more icing sugar for desired consistency.
- Drizzle icing over macaroons with a spoon.
no bake dessert