STRAWBERRY AVOCADO SPINACH SALAD
This salad might just be the definition of fresh. With baby spinach, avocado, strawberries, onions, almonds for crunch, and cheese (because always cheese), it's everything we could want in a healthy salad.
- 6 cup Spinach, raw
- 1 pint as purchased, yields Strawberries, raw
- 1 avocado, NS as to Florida or California Avocados, raw, all commercial varieties
- 4 oz Cheese, blue
- 0.5 onion Onions, sweet, raw
- 0.33 cup Oil, avocado
- 3 tbsp Vinegar, cider
- 0.2 oz Honey
- To start, begin by hulling and halving a pint of ripe, red strawberries. (I know it’s nearly impossible not to just pop these babies right in your mouth. But trust me, they’ll be worth it in the salad).
- The list of specifics here is actually pretty flexible — you can go with lots of fresh baby spinach (or whatever greens you’d like), crumbled blue cheese (or any soft cheese), toasted almonds (or any nuts), and thinly-sliced red onion.
- Then, combine them with the rest of your ingredients.
- Drizzle everything with a simple homemade poppyseed dressing (see below), and then give everything a good toss.
- Then within minutes, this bright and beautiful spring salad will be yours to share and enjoy! It’s sweet, it’s creamy, it’s crunchy, it’s tangy — it’s basically everything you can ask for in a good salad!