Paleo, gluten free, grainfree, dairy free and sweetened with dates.
- 350 g Almonds
- 120 g Cacao Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 400 g Cinnamon Roasted Beetroot
- 6 Eggs
- 400 g Chopped dates
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Peel beetroot and chop each beetroot into 4 pieces. Sprinkle with cinnamon and coconut oil and roast at 180ºC/350ºF for 20 minutes (or until a knife comes out clean).
- While the beetroot is cooking, deseed and chop dates. Then grease a 20cm x 30 cm baking tray with coconut oil.
- Put all dry ingredients in a food processor; Almonds, cacoa powder, baking powder and salt and process until finely ground.
- Add roasted beetroot, eggs, dates and coconut oil.
- Pour into baking tray and bake for 10 - 12 minutes at 180ºC/350ºF or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before cutting into 12 pieces.