TURMERIC & SPICE CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS
Are you hungry yet? I know I am. Especially for these crispy, mouthwatering nuggets of golden delicious chicken that are sure to spice up any super bowl party.
- About 14 chicken drumsticks (I used one of those family packs from whole foods)*
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- When you’re ready to cook, preheat the oven to 375 F on convection bake (or 400 F non-convection).
- Make the spice blend: combine the turmeric, cardamom, onion and garlic powder, cinnamon, ginger and sea salt in a small bowl and stir until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Dump the chicken in a large mixing bowl and toss it with the coconut oil, then sprinkle in all of the spice blend and stir to coat all sides of the chicken.
- Arrange the drumsticks on a baking sheet with a roasting rack on top and pop it in the oven.
- Bake the chicken for 40-45 minutes, flipping the pieces halfway through the cooking time.
- Turn the oven up to broil (450-500 degrees) and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes to get a nice crisp on the skin.
- EAT UP!
- NOTES *You can also use 2 lbs of chicken legs (about 6) or thighs in place of the drumsticks, with the same amount of spices. **for AIP, omit the cardamom.