THE BEST ROASTED CARROTS.
Roasting these carrots slowly makes them caramelized, slightly crisp, and packs a delicious, vitamin-packed punch, making you wonder how vegetables could taste THIS GOOD.
- 1.5 lb whole medium carrots,
- 2 tbsp cooking fat
- 10 grinds trader joe’s garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash and dry the carrots - no need to peel or cut them. If they’re GIANT mutant carrots, cut them in half or even in fourths lengthwise.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the carrots with your melted cooking oil, then spread them on a large baking sheet or cast iron skillet.
- Season with garlic salt on both sides.
- Pop them in the oven and roast for about 45-50 minutes. No need to turn them. They should be completely tender in the middle part of the carrots when they’re finished.
- NOTES You could definitely do this with baby carrots too. Just roast them for about 30 minutes and then check on them to see if they're soft yet. If not, keep checking on them in 5-10 minute increments until you can poke a fork through them.