SECRET RECIPE GUACAMOLE! (AVOCADO CRACK SAUCE)
So here’s Dana and Daniela’s (not so secret anymore) guacamole recipe. It only took us 100 times to actually write it down…so enjoy and prepare for taste bud explosion. Or tears of joy. Just go eat it. You could also make this autoimmune-friendly by leaving out the tomatoes and peppers. It’s still insanely good.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 handful cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper*
- small pinch of red pepper flakes or ground chipotle pepper
- Scoop the avocados out of their pits and mash with a fork or a potato masher. Leave some chunky bits, you don’t want to pulverize the crap out of it so you have pudding-like guac.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients. Taste and adjust the seasonings to your liking: usually we add a tiny bit more garlic, salt and pepper.
- Serve on anything and everything. Or, you know, just shovel it into your face with plantain chips. No judgement here.
- NOTES add-ins: 1-2 Tbsp diced jalapeno pepper or 1 tsp hot sauce. Be CAREFUL with this sh*t, they don’t call them hot peppers for nothing. Highly recommend throwing some Tessemae’s wing sauce in there. **For AIP, omit the tomatoes and black pepper.