“CURRY” CAULIFLOWER RICE (AIP)
A turmeric-based, not-spicy "curry" cauliflower rice that even people following the autoimmune protocol can enjoy.
- 1 small head cauliflower, riced*
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp AIP Curry Spice blend
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olives
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- additional sea salt, to taste
- To rice the cauliflower, put it through the food processor with the shredding attachment. You could also use a box grater to do this or run a knife through chopped florets about...100 times.
- Heat a medium skillet with coconut oil over high heat. Once it’s hot, add the cauliflower and allow to cook down for about 5 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon every so often. While it’s cooking, make your spice blend. This will make MORE than you need for the recipe - save the rest of that magic dust for later!
- Stir in 1 Tbsp of the spice blend and distribute it evenly over all the cauliflower. Sauté for about 3-5 more minutes.
- Add in the olives and continue to cook just until they’re warmed through, about one minute.
- Remove from the heat and garnish with parsley, plus additional salt and pepper, to taste (if you like). Enjoy!
- NOTES Great served with my Turmeric & Spice Chicken Drumsticks. **If you're on the strictest form of the AIP elimination phase, omit the cardamom. It is a berry-based spice, which is generally well-tolerated if you've reintroduced any foods on AIP.