Louola's Extra Protein Bliss Balls
This delicious combinations of dates and almonds all rolled up in Louola's Flavour 1, provides an extra protein-packed twist on traditional protein balls making them the perfect pre or post workout fuel. Dates are rich in iron, potassium and calcium and are a great source of fibre, boasting 6 grams in just half a cup. No added sugar is necessary as dates provide a natural sweetness and give these bliss balls a soft yet chewy texture. I've combined dates with fellow nutrition powerhouse almonds, also rich in fibre, vitamins and minerals, to make a deliciously nutritious snack. This recipe makes about 15-20 balls.
- 30 g Superfood Quinoa
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp beetroot powder
- 1 tbsp agave nectar or honey
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup dates
- Place the almonds & dates into a food processor. Mix until blended and then add the beetroot powder, coconut oil and agave/honey.
- Pulse again until a 'dough ball' is formed.
- Now mix in 30g of Louola's Superfood Quinola. I have used flavour 1, beetroot, cashew & coconut, to enhance the beetroot flavour. Louola's is available to buy at www.louolas.co.uk
- Take the 'dough like ball' and roll into 1" balls.
- Store the balls in a sealed container and freeze for 2 hours.
- When you are ready to eat the balls take them out and let them thaw for 30 minutes.