Raw 'twix' bars
These are incredible. I say that a lot. But I really mean it. A nutty, slightly hard base. Topped with a gooey caramel. Wrapped in a delicious, crunchy chocolate. And it's made from healthy ingredients. Need I say any more?!
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp maple
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cacao butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 8 medjool dates
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup mixed cashews and almonds
- To make the base blend the nuts until you reach a flour. Stir in the syrup. Press base into a small tin.
- For the caramel layer blend dates, almond butter, water and vanilla until smooth. Press on top of base and freeze until almost set (c 1 hour).
- Cut into strips. Freeze again for about an hour.
- For the chocolate layer melt cacao butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and raw cacao powder in a bain Marie. Whisk until smooth.
- Dip strips into the chocolate. Freeze again. Then cut into pieces.