Raw Chocolate Raisins & Mulberries Porridge
This porridge is like a hug in a bowl...creamy, warm and chocolaty with a a bit of crunch and chewy texture from the mulberries and raisins. Perfect way to treat yourself for breakfast while still keeping it healthy. The fiber from the oats will keep blood sugar levels balanced which wouldn't happened if you just ate some chocolate on its own. It will keep you full for longer and give you steady energy to start your morning right. Dried fruit in small quantities is a good way to sweeten your porridge without adding sugar as it still contains the fiber and nutrients of the fruit that are not present in refined sweeteners. Raw cacao maintains all the great minerals and phytochemicals contained in the cacao plant like magnesium, excellent for muscle relaxation and for lowering blood pressure and among others tryptophan which is the precursor of the "feel good" hormone serotonin that helps relax both the mind and the body.
- 50 g Multigrain and seed porridge
- 1 cup Cashew milk
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp Cacao powder
- 1 tbsp Raw chocolate covered mulberries
- 1 tbsp Raw chocolate covered raisins
- Place the porridge in a microwave safe bowl and cover with the cashew milk.
- Add the cacao powder and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Microwave for 2 minutes.
- When ready to serve, top with the chocolate covered mulberries and raisins. You can leave them on top or stir them in for an even more chocolaty flavor. Enjoy!