Quinoa "Nutella" Porridge
Cacao & Hazelnut milk Protein rich Porridge to warm up on a grey day in London! If you're avoiding oats, you can easily swap them for quinoa. It contains all of the essential amino acids the body needs and that will make your hair shine, your nails strong and give you loads of balanced energy during the day. The addition of fruit makes it a perfect post work out treat adding complex carbohydrates to protein for optimal muscle recovery.
- 120 gr Quinoa
- 1/2 cup hazelnut milk
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 banana
- handful of dried strawberries
- 2 teaspoons almond butter
- Pour half bag of quinoa in a microwave safe bowl. Add cacao powder and hazelnut milk. Stir and microwave for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Chop a banana into slices and decorate your porridge with the slices and dried strawberries.
- At last, drizzle some almond butter (or your favorite nut butter) on top to finish it.
- Tastes like a healthier version of nutella porridge. If you like it sweeter add a tablespoon of maple syrup or honey.