Mexican Dips and Chips Food Doctor style
Great spicy afternoon snack or healthy Mexican appetizer! Coconut yogurt is the perfect alternative to create a dairy free sour cream that can rival in taste the traditional counterpart and it delivers the same richness in flavor and nutritional benefits. It contains probiotics to help restore and maintain a balanced gut flora. Avocado is rich in vitamin A, C, D, E and K and E that support skin and eye health along with being powerful antioxidants. It's also rich in fiber and potassium contributing to lowering blood pressure and LDL cholesterol. And let's not forget the anti-inflammatory omega 3s contained in this beautiful fruit. Our crisp thins are a great clean and gluten free alternative to standard crisps that are usually loaded with sugar and refined ingredients. Plus they are rich in protein and fiber. What more could you ask for from healthy Mexican chips dish?
- Pinch Pepper
- 1 bag (23 gr) Sweet Chilli Crisp Thins
- 1 pot (125 gr) Natural coconut Yogurt
- Half Avocado, sliced or chopped
- 1 tablespoon, chopped Chives
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- Pinch Salt
- 1 teaspoon Lime juice
- First prepare the yogurt sour cream. In a mixing bowl pour the coconut yogurt, paprika, salt, pepper and lime juice mixing to combine.
- Chop the dill and add to the yogurt mixture and stir.
- Taste and regulate salt and pepper if needed.
- Transfer to a small serving bowl.
- Slice or chop half the avocado.
- Serve along with the yogurt sour cream and the sweet chilli crisp thins. Enjoy!