Coconut Teriyaki Jerky Spelt Porridge
Spelt is a great alternative to wheat and goes very well in savory recipes like this porridge. For a grain, it is actually high in protein and dietary fiber. It also contain a wide array of minerals like of iron, copper, manganese, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, zinc, selenium, and essential B vitamins. Coconut is rich in fiber as well helping in the balance of blood sugar levels and medium chain fatty acids that boost metabolism and are turned into energy in the body.
- 110 g Spelt easy-grains
- 1 cup Coconut Meat, defrosted
- 2 cup Warm water
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 dash Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Savory Seed blend
- 1 tbsp Fresh coriander, chopped
- Pour the water and defrosted coconut meat in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place the spelt in a bowl along with the coconut milk, paprika, salt, pepper and half of the coconut jerky pieces. Stir to combine.
- Microwave for 2 minutes.
- In the meantime, chop up the remaining coconut jerky in small bits and finely chop the coriander as well.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle them on top of the porridge along with a tablespoon of the savory seeds mix . Enjoy!