Cacao and Tangerine Proats
This porridge is the perfect breakfast after an early morning workout being a great combination of complex carbohydrates and protein. Carbohydrates are needed to stimulate insulin that allows the absorption into the muscles of glucose to replenish glycogen stores and amino acids that repair muscle fibers and promote their growth. Pea protein is a great source of plant protein rich in essential amino acids that boosts immunity, helps stabilize blood sugar levels along with building muscle and repair cells. Pairing it with our multi grain porridge that promotes steady blood sugar balance and energy production throughout the morning is a perfect way to start your day!
- 50 g Multi Grain and Seed Porridge
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp Cacao and Tangerine granola
- 2 tbsp Pea Protein
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- Place the porridge in a microwave safe bowl and cover with the almond milk.
- Add the protein powder and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Microwave for 2 minutes.
- When ready to serve, top with the cacao and tangerine granola.
- Can add a tablespoon of honey or maple syrup to sweeten if desired. Enjoy!