Halloween Double Chocolate Vegan Muffins
An easy recipe that can be made with your children or for a Halloween party, but not only that, you can modify the recipe to have them at any time!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegan food colouring
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup vegan milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Start off by mixing in all of the ingredients for the muffins beside the chocolate chips that you have, tried to use a food processor because you want to make sure that all of the ingredients are mixed through thoroughly!
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit | Gas Mark 6
- Put your muffin cases onto the muffin tray and make sure you’ve greased the cases.
- Slowly take a teaspoon of mixture at a time (after the 1st teaspoon, sprinkle a few chocolate chips in) and put them into the muffin cases (do not over fill them, I go to just below ¾ of the way)
- Leave your muffins to cook for 25 – 30 mins depending on the density of your muffins, if you’re unsure if they’re cooked, get a knife and put it into the middle of the cake, if it comes out clean, they’re cooked.
- To Make The Frosting - Start off by adding in the vegan butter, vanilla & milk on a slow speed.
- Frosting - Once you’ve started the mixing slowly add in the sifted powdered sugar, remember to do this slowly because you don’t want an accident with putting the sugar everywhere!
- Once you’ve added all the powdered sugar and it’s mixed in, keep it beating for a while just to make sure that the mixture is fluffy to put them all on the muffins. I refrigerated my frosting after leaving it to rest for 20 minutes. This makes it really easy to spread or pipe on depending on what you are wanting to do.
- One you’ve allowed the muffins to cool, start by slowly putting the icing on the top, I decided to pipe mine in small shapes. Once on I added some of the left over sweets