Lemon Creme Brulee
Delicious, elegant and easy - the ultimate dessert hat-trick!
- 300 g firm or extra firm tofu
- 3 tsp tapioca flour
- 1 1/2 - 2 tbsp Granulated sweetner
- 1 whole Zest & juice of lemon
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Place four 1/2 cup ramekins in a deep, oven-safe baking pan. Put 3 – 4 cups of water onto boil.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, tapioca flour, maple syrup and Nativia to food processor and blend until very smooth, scraping down the sides if necessary. Taste and adjust for sweetness.
- Add the lemon zest and pulse a few times to incorporate. Divide the mixture between ramekins. Very carefully pour the hot water into baking tray so that it reaches about half way up the sides of the ramekins. Transfer pan to oven and cook for 45 – 50 minutes or until the mixture starts browning at the edges and the centre is soft but firm.
- Remove from oven and allow mixture to rest for a few minutes before transferring to wire cooling rack. Leave to cool to room temperature or place the ramekins in the fridge overnight (makes for a nice texture!).
- To serve, sprinkle coconut sugar evenly across the tops of the four ramekins and then transfer to oven grill. Make sure the flame does not touch the top of the brûlée! Leave for a couple of seconds or until the coconut sugar bubbles, browns and forms a lovely crust. Watch carefully!
- Serve warm, golden and sprinkled with fresh pomegranate seeds!