Paleo Jam Drops
When I was a kid I used to love baking with my Grandma and Jam Drops were one of the first recipes that I learned to bake. Following a Paleo lifestyle means that I rarely eat cookies but sometimes the urge to bake them is overwhelming. Today, I taught my Littlest (Miss 3) to bake my Grandma's Jam Drops .....Paleo Style! Cos sometimes .....a girl's just gotta have a cookie with her tea. Tiger nut flour is quite starchy and sweet, so remember that whilst this is a 'healthier' version ...it's still a treat and shouldn't be eaten too often. Being nut free (tigernut is actually a starchy tuber) means that this is a perfect treat for a school lunch box. http://www.thenotquitewellproject.com/blog/paleojamdrops
- 100 g Virgin Coconut Oil
- 30 g Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 50 g Arrowroot flour
- 210 g Tiger Nut Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 pinch Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup Jam
- Preheat oven to 175 deg C. Place a sheet of baking paper onto 2 cookie trays.
- Cream together the coconut oil and coconut sugar.
- Add egg, vanilla extract and lemon juice and beat well.
- Add sifted tiger nut flour, arrowroot, baking soda and salt and mix together thoroughly. It will begin to form a ball of dough. Keep blending until the dough comes together.
- Lightly flour your hands with the arrowroot and take 1 heaped teaspoon of dough and roll into a ball. Place the ball onto the tray and repeat with the rest of the dough (you will likely need more than 2 trays or you will need to swap them around as your cookies are baked). Be sure to leave enough room between the cookies as they will spread quite a bit.
- Lightly flour your thumb with arrowroot and gently press a little 'pool' into the centre of each cookie.
- Drop 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon of jam into each little pool.
- Bake cookies for 15 - 17 minutes or until the cookies become golden.
- Cool cookies thoroughly before eating as they become crunchy when they're cool.
- Makes 24 cookies