In Winter, I need 2 things .....warmth and foods that chase colds away! This recipe does both! Broth is .....well warm ...but the ingredients you add can make it 'warm-ing'. This recipe uses Garlic, Ginger, Turmeric ...and Chilli if you like extra warmth. Not only is it warming ....it's a beautiful anti-inflammatory broth. It's may FAVE drinking broth!
- 2 inch Fresh Ginger
- 2 inch Fresh Turmeric
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 1 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Red Chilli
- 4 cup Chicken Meat Stock
- 6 Chicken Wings
- 2 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
- 2 Bay Leaves
- To make the Chicken Meat Stock, take a large cast iron or stainless steel pot and into it place 6 pasture raised chicken wings.
- Fill with filtered water almost to the top. Salt generously (about 2-3 big pinches) and add a bay leaf or 2 to the water. Cover with a lid.
- Cook in a 180 C oven for approximately 2 hours or until the meat pulls easily from the bone.
- Remove the chicken wings from the broth and put aside. You can use this yummy chicken later in another dish.
- Strain the solids out of the broth with a mesh sieve.
- To make the Golden Broth, place the strained meat stock and all of the remaining ingredients into a pot, replace the lid and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer gently for approximately 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Serve in your fave Winter mug.