The BEST Refried Beans
Refried beans are simple to make with just a few ingredients and with this delicious recipe is the BEST recipe I’ve discovered so far for this meal! Once you have prepped all of the ingredients it will take less than fifteen minutes to have it on the table!
- 400 g mixed beans
- 1 red onion
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp your favourite hot sauce
- Fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- To get started making this recipe, take a large pan and melt the coconut oil over a medium to high heat. You can then add the chopped red onion into the pan. It should take about five minutes for the red onion to become soft.
- You can then add in the beans, cumin, hot sauce/chilli powder and the tomato puree. Mix well and begin to mash the beans using a fork.
- Next, add the lime juice and zest and reduce the heat to low. You must then cover the pan for an additional five minutes.
- Once mashed, mixed and warm, put the beans in a large bowl and top with the fresh coriander – enjoy!