Sweet Potato Falafel Cabbage Wrap
I can’t get enough of the sun we’ve been having in London! I’m like, ‘Vitamin D feed me now!’ And with these light days, I need some light meals. My kids adore sweet potatoes, especially sweet potato fries – so this recipe gives that yummy sweet potato taste for my kids, with a great ‘Soured’ Cream topping and for the adults, an additional ‘kick up the backside’ spicy salsa. We used a Chinese Leaf Cabbage to wrap it all up, but use what you have in the fridge – even a big Romaine Lettuce leaf works too! And then top it all off with some Vitamin D, by sitting in the SUN while you happily munch away!
- 400 g sweet potatoes
- A large handful of parsley
- A large handful of coriander
- 1/2 onion
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 cup walnuts
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Buckwheat flour
- 2 cloves garlic
- 250 ml coconut yogurt
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and shredded
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cloves garlic, pressed
- A large handful of mint, leaves only and finely chopped
- 1/2 red chilli pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- A small handful of coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 ared chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the falafels: Prick and bake the sweet potatoes on 200C for approximately 30 minutes or until soft. Allow them to cool and then scoop out the flesh.
- Next you must blend the parsley, coriander and walnuts in your food processor until well combined.
- Then, start to add the rest of the ingredients, including the sweet potatoes until the mixture becomes ‘paste’ like.
- Using your hands, create 20 – 24 small falafels and place them on a baking tray with parchment paper. Bake these for 20 minutes, turning them every 5 minutes or so until they are all a lovely brown colour.
- For the ‘Soured’ Cream: Place all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and stick in the fridge for about 30 minutes. Simple as that!
- For the ‘Spicy’ Salsa: Place all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and stick in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- To assemble: Take the cabbage or lettuce of your choice (must have large leaves) – I used Chinese Leaf cabbage. First you should rinse it then dry it and separate the leaves. Top the cabbage leaf with a few falafels and cover with the Cream and the Salsa. Wrap it all up and take a BIG bite. YUM!