Strawberry Chia Seed Jam
This jam is a healthy, home-made alternative to the sugar-laden products you can buy in the store! It is practically bursting with nutrients and is delicious too!
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Add the strawberries into a pan with the sweetener of your choice and heat on a medium to high heat.
- After five minutes, reduce the heat, add a splash of water and leave to simmer for between five and ten minutes.
- Using a fork, mash the strawberries to your desired consistency and add more water if required.
- Stir in the chia seeds and continue to simmer for two more minutes.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool.