Spicy Kale Chips
Munch out on this super-healthy snack that has all the crunch of potato chips (that’s crisps for those outside of the U.S!) but with all the good stuff and none of the bad!
- 1 big bunch of kale
- 1 1/2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- Get started by first preheating the oven to 350F/180C/gas mark 4. You can then wash and dry the kale. Make sure you dry it completely and then tear it into large pieces. As you do so, make sure to remove the thick stalks and set them aside.
- Next, in a large bowl, mix together the almond butter, olive oil, cumin, chilli flakes and sea salt until well combined. You can then place the kale leaves into the bowl and toss in the almond butter mixture. Mix this together well until all of the kale leaves are evenly coated.
- The next step is to spread the kale leaves on a non-stick baking tray and place in your preheated oven for 10–15 minutes or until crisp. After this time, remove the tray from the oven and transfer the spicy kale chips into a bowl.
- You can either eat them straight from the oven or, if you want to eat them later, then they will stay fresh stored in an airtight container for three days.