Roasted Celeriac, Mushroom & Chestnut Soup
This meal is the perfect winter warmer and is also an amazing soup to go with your Thanksgiving dinner! To make it, I have combined all of my favourite Thanksgiving flavours with an extra ingredient here and there.
- 1 celeriac
- 2 Portabello mushrooms
- 250 grams chestnuts
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 apple
- A drizzle coconut oil
- A handful walnuts
- A dash thyme
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C
- Thoroughly rub the mushrooms and chopped celeriac with the coconut oil.
- Place the mushroom and celeriac onto a large backing sheet and sprinkle the sweet paprika over the mushrooms and celeriac to coat.
- Roast the vegetables for 10-15 minutes or until they become soft.
- Remove vegetables from the oven and place in a large pot along with the pre-cooked chestnuts, veggie stock, garlic and apple chunks.
- Bring the pot to a boil and then reduce the heat to simmer for 10 minutes until the apple is soft.
- Finally, scoop the mixture into a food processor or high-speed blender and whizz until somewhat smooth.
- You can then pour into bowls and top with toasted walnuts and fresh thyme if you desire!