Red Lentil Quinoa with Greens and Seeds
I’m back!!! Yes, after a LONG hiatus of posting recipes to my blog …. I’m finally back and here to stay! So, first and foremost – an apology for the long hiatus but it was with I hope a good excuse! In the summer, I received a publishing deal to write The Flexi Foodie Cookbook!!!! YAY! It is a dream come true and I am over the moon to share this book with you. So my entire summer was pretty much spend writing recipes and of course the entire book. The photos for the book have turned better than I could have ever imagined – they are beautiful thanks to my amazing photographer and food/prop stylist. Stay tuned…. the book hits the bookshelves 12th March 2015. I will keep you all posted but wanted to quickly say thank you to all of YOU who’ve been reading my blog for the past 2 years. This dream couldn’t have happened without all of you, so THANK YOU!
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- large handful of collard greens
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 800 ml water
- 250 g quinoa
- 100 g red lentils
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 pomegranate, de-seeded
- 1 small onion, chopped
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt the coconut oil and add the mustard seeds, chopped onion and garlic and fry for about 5 minutes until the onion is translucent and the mustard seeds begin to pop.
- Add the quinoa, red lentils and water, bring to the boil and then reduce to simmer and cover for 20 – 25 minutes until the water has been absorbed and the quinoa and lentils are cooked.
- Once cooked, gently stir in the cumin and paprika along with the collard greens. Allow the greens to become soft as you stir.
- Remove from the pot into a large serving bowl and mix in the pomegranate seeds.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the dressing ingredients and whisk together until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the quinoa and mix well. Enjoy the great combination of flavours in this simple, but nutritional powerhouse of a meal!