Puy Lentil Quinoa, Roasted Aubergines and a Tahini
This could be one of my favourite creations so far! I was running late for the school run and in fact my entire day was just a LATE day….. I was late for everything! So I had to whip up something quick but of course, good for the family! And quinoa is one of the quickest grains to cook. So while I was cooking that, I roasted some aubergines and boiled some lentils at the same time. Mixed them together with some soaked goji berries and topped it all with a yummy tahini dressing that I knew the kids love. So, here’s one family recipe for you that is now a favourite amongst my four kids……
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- Squeeze of lemon
- 1 large or 2 small aubergines, cut into 1 cm rounds
- 2-3 tbsp Coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp cumin
- 200 g quinoa
- 250 g puy lentils
- large handful of sultanas
- large handful of pumpkin seeds
- Heat your oven to 200C.
- Bring 400ml of water to the boil and add the quinoa. Bring back to the boil and then cover and simmer until the quinoa is cooked approximately 20 minutes.
- At the same time bring a pot of water to boil and add the lentils. Cook until soft, again another 20-25 minutes.
- Coat the sliced aubergine in coconut oil and cover with the cumin. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until soft.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, lentils and aubergine. Top with the pumpkin seeds and sultanas.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini, tamari, apple cider vinegar, honey and lemon and pour over the quinoa mixture. And voila… that is one delicious and nutritious family meal or even great as a side dish for a dinner party!