Matcha Green Tea Cream Pots with Toasted Walnut
This delicious dessert is the perfect healthy follow-up to any meal. It is an amazing combination of health boosting ingredients, such as the green matcha powder and the walnuts. Green matcha powder is rammed full of antioxidants and is cancer fighting whilst also being great for burning fat and boosting the metabolism. When you choose to eat raw, organic nuts, you really can’t go wrong in terms of doing good things for your overall health. Having said that, walnuts are one of the best choices you can make for all the amazing health properties they have. It is worth bearing in mind that the majority of the antioxidants in walnuts are found just under the waxy skin, so be sure not to remove it when you use them in the recipe. It does have a slightly bitter flavor but it’s not unpleasant and is well worth including in your dish.
- 2 tsp green matcha powder
- 250 ml green tea
- 6 tbsp maple syrup, honey or coconut nectar
- 100 g toasted chopped walnut pieces
- 2 x 400ml tins of coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced into 2cm rounds
- 1 tbsp honey, maple syrup or coconut nectar
- To make the matcha sauce, put the green tea, 3 tbsp of coconut nectar and 1 tsp. of matcha in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 5-10 minutes until sauce is thickened a bit.
- Then you can toast the chopped walnuts in a dry frying pan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. After these few minutes, you can remove them from heat and place in a bowl to cool.
- To make the coconut cream, remove the tins from the fridge but be careful not to shake them. Open the tins and carefully scoop out the thickened cream off the top and place into a mixing bowl. Add the 1 tbsp. of coconut nectar and vanilla to the mixing bowl and beat well for 5 minutes until the cream is thick and fluffy.
- n glass tumblers, layer the 2 tbsp. of the walnuts then drizzle with the matcha syrup, then top with a layer of coconut cream and enough bananas to cover the cream. You can then repeat the layers. Sprinkle the very top with more walnut crumbs and a drizzle of the matcha syrup. You can then enjoy immediately!