Kale and Spinach Pesto
A wonderful twist on the classic pesto! Filled with three amazing greens and using flaxseed oil instead of the traditional olive oil. Flaxseeds are GREAT for your health for so many reasons and I really suggest finding ways to incorporate them into your diet. Many people actually refer to flaxseeds as the original superfood because they have been consumed as a food for many thousands of years.
- 2 cup kale
- 2 cup spinach
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp almonds
- 2 tbsp flaxseed oil
- A handful of fresh cilantro (coriander), trimmed and chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Place all of the ingredients into your blender and blitz for a few minutes, adding more flaxseed oil or lemon juice if necessary to reach your preferred consistency. And that’s it!
- You can serve this pesto with your favourite pasta dish for a tasty meal! I love quinoa and corn pasta but my kids prefer whole wheat, so take your pick and enjoy. Adding a handful of cashew nuts on top isn’t necessary but will give you that extra little bit of nutrition and flavour!