Green Goddess Soup
If you have made my Green Goddess Salad Bowl before then you will know how delicious and nutritious dishes with this label are! This soup is absolutely bursting with flavour thanks to the amazing ingredients it is created with. Purple sprouting broccoli is great to use in cooking and is in season in the UK from January to May. When you select yours, make sure it is fresh and firm, as opposed to being dried out, as this makes for the best taste! Broccoli is thought to help prevent cancer, lower blood pressure and help to protect against cardiovascular disease – with several studies to support these ideas! Brocolli is especially high in vitamins A and C as well as folate, fibre and calcium!
- 1 litre veggie stock
- 200 g silken tofu
- 250 g purple sprouting broccoli
- 2 good handfuls of Swiss chard and kale
- 1 tbsp white miso
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- A large handful of pumpkin seeds
- To get started, bring the veggie stock to the boil and then add in the broccoli. You can boil the broccoli in the stock for five to seven minutes until the broccoli becomes soft. At this point you can lower the heat to a gentle simmer.
- Once the stock is simmering, add in the tofu, Swiss chard, kale and white miso. Continue to simmer for another ten minutes and season with the pepper and sea salt. The next step is to either transfer the contents of the pan into your high speed blender, or simply use a hand blender to puree in the pan. You can then pre-heat your grill, place the pumpkin seeds on the top tray and toast for five to seven minutes. Finally, spoon the green soup into four bowls and sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds. Also, if you like, you can add the red colourful stems of the chard as a garnish too!