Green Goddess Salad Bowl
This is such a gorgeous dish to make and takes next to no time to prepare once you have all of the ingredients. Salad is a lunch time favourite of many people and by including a healthy home-made dressing such as this one instead of heaps of pre-made supermarket stuff, you’re doing your body countless favours. The inclusion of an entire avocado in this meal, split between the salad and the dressing, is one aspect that is particularly good for you. Avacadoes are an amazing source of protein and carotenoids; despite often being associated with a high fat content, they are beneficial fats. These fats actually boost your HDL cholesterol count. As you may know, HDL is the good kind of cholesterol and is essential in the bodies fight against free radicals! The fat content is also good for the continued optimum health of your heart as it protects against a range of diseases. Blood oranges are fantastic for a variety of purposes, whether you’re eating them raw, squeezing the juice out of them or including in meals. They contain absolutely no cholesterol and an incredibly low amount of fat whilst also being rich in vitamin C, potassium and several other important vitamins and minerals. Consuming a portion of this fruit every day will do wonders for your health and they are also less acidic then usual types of orange.
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- A range of different tomatoes, chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped – use all of it!
- A large handful of black kalamata olives
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- A large handful of toasted pinenuts
- 7 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- The juice of 1/2 of a blood orange
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1/2 avocado
- A fistful of coriander
- A fistful of parsley
- A fistful of mint
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tbsp agave nectar or 1 date, de-stoned
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Simply combine all of these ingredients in a dish and mix well together.
- Chuck all of the dressing ingredients into your blender and whizz together before pouring over your salad.