Green Bean, Courgette and Coconut Soup
This soup is incredibly quick to make and also fantastically filling. It also involves minimal preparation which makes it the perfect choice when you’ve had a long day but still want a healthy choice! Adding coconut milk into a soup will create a creamy consistency that isn’t usually possible when you only use stock. It is the coconut milk that is responsible for the high levels of nutrients in this soup. When consumed in moderation coconut milk is amazing for your health and can actually help to fight infection in the body. This is because of a compound found within, known as monolaurin, which is antibacterial and antiviral. The most notable benefits of consuming coconut milk are that it is rich in fibre as well as a range of vitamins and minerals. That includes Vitamins C, E, B1, B3, B5, B6 as well as iron, selenium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorous! This one is just so so simple to whip up when you’re in a rush!
- Radishes and dill, to garnish
- 1 cup veggie stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 200 g top and tailed green beans
- 600 g courgettes, cut into 1 inch chunks
- Black pepper and sea salt, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and then add in the courgettes and beans.
- Boil this pan for 3-5 minutes and then drain and rinse with cold water.
- Next, in a high-speed blender, combine the beans, courgettes, coconut milk and veggie stock.
- Once this mixture is smooth pour the soup back into a large pot and heat it until it is warmed. you can divide the soup between your bowls and top it with sliced radishes and dill. You can also add a good sprinkling of black pepper and sea salt. Enjoy!