Grass, Roots & Grains Burgers
These burgers are totally veggie but also a huge hit with meat eaters. Serve with a side of peas, salad and chips for the perfect flavour combination.
- coconut oil
- A dash blak pepper
- A dash sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 large tomato
- 1 courgette
- 1/2 bunch coriander
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon wholewheat flour
- 100 grams red lentils
- 125 grams wholewheat couscous
- Add the couscous to a large bowl with 200ml of water and mix together well before putting to one side. You can use veg stock instead of water if you like.
- Rinse the lentils and then add them to a pain with 300ml of water.
- Boil the lentils for 20 minutes before draining and placing in your food processor.
- Add the onion, carrot, courgette and tomato into the food processor too, along with all of the spices, herbs, tahini and flour.
- Remove the mixture from the blender and mix it into the bowl with the couscous.
- Use your hands to make burger patties from the mixture.
- Fry your patties in a pan with some coconut oil for a few minutes on each side before serving.