Goji Berry, Coconut and Matcha Cupcakes
Matcha is well, just incredible. In my recipe I used White Matcha (apparently the newest thing to hit the market) but of course, green matcha is fine too! Matcha is definitely a superhero when it comes to teas. The amazing thing about matcha is that energises you but at the same time calms the central nervous system. Matcha has 137 times the antioxidants of regular green tea, 70 times the antioxidants of orange juice and 9 times the beta carotene of spinach! So, if you’re kids definitely don’t like spinach then this is a clever way to get that beta carotene in!
- 4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseeds
- 2 tbsp matcha
- 1 1/2 cup soaked goji berries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 3/4 cup plant-based milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 350 F or 180 C.
- And in a large bowl, simply combine the above ingredients one by one, stirring well until you get a nice, thick batter.
- Line your cupcake tray with paper cases and fill to the rim with your delicious batter! Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool. Even more delicious when you spread a bit of coconut oil on the insides! YUM!