Getting omega-3 into you diet by consuming healthy oils could not be easier thanks to this super yummy pancake recipe. These pancakes are light, fluffy, and utterly delicious!
- 1/2 cup wholewheat (all-purpose) flour
- 2 tbsp flaxseed oil plus extra for cooking
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- The first thing you will need to do is place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and beat until the mixture forms a smooth batter.
- You can then drizzle a little flaxseed oil into a small skillet (frying pan or pancake pan) and set on a medium heat. When the oil is hot, pour two or three tablespoons of the batter into the skillet so that it covers the bottom of the pan in a thin layer. Pay close attention as the pancake cooks and turn the pancake after approximately four minutes to cook the other side. Once each pancake is cooked you can remove from the pan and repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Once all of your batter has been used up, drizzle your stack of pancakes with a little more maple syrup and top with your favourite berries or slices of banana. Serve immediately and enjoy!