Courgette Pasta with a Mexican Bean Sauce
I love to spiralize courgettes, not just because of the great texture and shape that it produces but also, of course, for the fantastic nutritional value of these vegetables. Using them in this pasta dish gives it an interesting twist!
- 2 courgettes
- 400 grams black beans
- 2 spring onions
- 1 red pepper
- 100 grams baby spinach
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- 1 corn on the cob
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 lime
- A dash olive oil
- The first thing you need to do is spiralize the courgette into long, thin strips and set aside in a bowl.
- Fry the beans in a large frying pan with the smoked paprika and a dash of olive oil for two minutes.
- Add in the corn before mixing and cooking for another five minutes.
- Add in the pepper and the spring onions and cook for another five minutes.
- Add in the spinach and the coriander and stir well before cooking for two more minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve into bowls with the courgette noodles.
- Mix the contents of the bowls together and add a squirt of lime juice.