Cinnamon Chocolate Cake with Goji Berries
Not only is it made with an abundance of natural ingredients but it also includes one of my all time health favourites – goji berries! These tiny berries are great for our bodies and also add an extra twist of flavour to an already delicious cake! Cacao is another health weapon in this cake. As you may know, cacao is the natural unrefined compound that is used to make chocolate. This means it has the mood enhancing properties of chocolate but is actually fantastic for health as the naturally occurring vitamins and minerals haven’t been lost to processing. This is an incredibly quick and easy recipe to make once you have gathered the ingredients.
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut butter – softened
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- To begin, pre-heat your oven to 180C / 350F and then mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl and stir until you have a smooth mixture.
- You can then pour the mixture into a greased 9 inch cake tin and place this in the oven for between 20 and 25 minutes.
- After this time is up, remove from the oven and slide out of the cake tin. Leave for a few moments to cool and then enjoy!