Cheesy Polenta and Sweet Roasted Butter Beans with
This dish is a great choice for those who enjoy a cheesy aroma in their cooking without actually having to use any dairy products! It is quick to prepare and can be beautifully presented, which is great for when you have guests over! Apart from the polenta, you will more than likely have all of the ingredients in your kitchen already, meaning it is minimal effort to give it a try!
- 2 cup quick polenta
- 1 piece veggie stock cube
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 400 g butter beans
- 3 tsp sweet paprika
- 4 pre-cooked beets
- 2 tbsp olive oil + excess for drizzling
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 250 g tenderstem broccoli
- To get started you will first need to preheat your grill to a medium-high heat. You can then make the polenta according to the packet instructions – but be sure to mix in the veggie stock cube with the water that you use to do so. Once the polenta is cooked you must mix in the nutritional yeast and put it to one side. The next step is to spread the butter beans onto a baking tray and drizzle them with olive oil. You should also sprinkle two teaspoons of the sweet paprika on top.
- Next, grill the butter beans in your pre-heated oven for five to seven minutes, or until they become brown and crunchy. While the butter beans are roasting, add the broccoli to a pot of water and boil for three minutes before you drain and rinse. The next step is to place the beetroot, two tablespoons of olive oil, apple cider vinegar and one teaspoon of sweet paprika into your food processor. Blend these ingredients until they become smooth. Finally, to assemble, place a good sized scoop of polenta onto each of your four plates and top with the beetroot sauce, butter beans and broccoli before you serve!