Cauliflower, Sultana & Almond Salad with Turmeric
As crazy as this dish sounds, it is frickin’ unreal – like SO good! So, I urge you to try it as soon as possible! And the great news is that this dressing can be used to top a load of steamed or roasted veg as well. I did an earlier post on turmeric called Turmeric is the New Kale! So, check that one out to read about all the amazing benefits of turmeric. However, I wanted to post just a quick blip on some of the benefits of turmeric anyhoo….. So check this list out below. Turmeric is SHAMAZING because….. 1. It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns. 2. Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia. 3. It’s a natural liver detoxifier. 4. Turmeric may prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease by removing amyloids plaque buildup in the brain. 5. It may prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer. 6. It is a potent natural anti-inflammatory that works as well as many anti-inflammatory drugs but without the side effects. But the reason I combined this turmeric dressing with cauliflower is this….When combined with cauliflower, it has shown to prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer. So there you have it guys, let’s go and make this salad!
- 1 Cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 2 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup toasted, shaved almonds
- large handful of chopped coriander
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 large avocado
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- pinch himalayan sea salt
- Heat your oven to 180C. Toss the cauliflower florets with coconut oil -really rub it into them. Season with black pepper and sea salt and roast for 15 minutes.
- After the 15 minutes, add in the sliced red onion and cook for another 15-20 minutes until nice and tender.
- Once cooked, you can add the cauliflower and red onion mix to a bowl and toast the flaked almonds in the same heated oven for max. 5 min. Watch them carefully so that you don’t burn them. Combine the almonds, sultanas and chopped coriander to the cauliflower and red onion mix.
- For the dressing, combine all the yummy ingredients into your food processor or blender and blitz away until you get this amazing bright orange looking dressing. It’s wonderful to look at and to taste! Coat the cauliflower salad with this dressing and you are good to go. This salad could be one of my all time favourites! Enjoy!