Blueberry and Chia Spelt Muffins
Healthy treats are my favourite things to make and my four children seem to enjoy it too! My love of healthy treats is due to the fact that I enjoy the challenge of making something that tastes amazing that is also great for the body! My Blueberry and Chia Spelt Muffins definitely tick both of those boxes and don’t take long to make.
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 6 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups blueberries
- The first thing to do is mix the chia seeds with the 6 tbsp of water and leave to one side for ten minutes.
- You can then preheat the oven to 180C/375F and prepare a muffin tin with individual paper liners.
- Mix the coconut sugar, honey, chia seed mixture, almond milk and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- In a second bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the contents of both bowls together and gently mix in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin liners and place in the oven.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until the toothpick test shows they are ready to eat!