Aubergine and Cauliflower Curry
The combination of cauliflower and aubergine in this curry provide fantastic nutritional benefits, and that is not to mention the health kick provided by the added ginger and brown rice too.
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 aubergine
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- Pour the water into a pan and bring to the boil before adding in the rice and cooking for 25 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, fry the onion, ginger and garlic in the coconut oil in a large pan until it starts to brown.
- Add the aubergine, cauliflower and yellow pepper into the pan and continue to fry.
- Continue cooking the pan for ten minutes and then mix in the curry powder and the tomato puree.
- When the rice is ready, serve into two bowls and add the curry on top before garnishing with the coriander.