Almond Butter Granola Balls
These nutritious little balls are fantastic for carrying around with you and snacking on during the day. They also make great after-meal additions and can really help the body to get the amount of goodness it needs throughout the day. Add to that, that they are incredibly simple to make and will last for weeks when stored properly and you’re onto a winning snack idea! Using almond butter in baking is a great way to avoid dairy-based butters. It is similar to peanut butter in texture but is actually full of many more essential fats and a wider range of nutrients. Some people may tell you to steer clear of almond butter for its high fat content but we have to remember that the fats contained in it are unsaturated and therefore actually good for the body – especially the heart! With calcium, zinc, phosphorous and iron among several other useful vitamins and minerals, almond butter is a great choice for a healthy diet.
- 6 tbsp almond butter
- 250 g your favourite healthy granola
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- A generous dash of Bali Nutra coconut syrup
- 100 g dates, pitted
- Then all you have to do is combine all of the ingredients in your food processor and mix well. If the mixture is too dry to turn into balls then add some more nut butter.
- Alternatively, if you find that the mixture is too sticky then you can add some more granola in.
- Once you’ve rolled the mixture into tablespoon-sized balls, place them in your refrigerator for a few hours before eating. If kept refrigerated they’ll last for two weeks!