Spicy Peanut Mooli & Carrot Noodles
This dish uses few ingredients and is a super fast meal in minutes, that is also low in cals, but doesn’t compromise on flavour. Using Mooli as a substitute for rice noodles and carrot for sweetness, make this a tasty and healthy meal…
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large Mooli
- 2 tbsp salt and sugar free Peanut Butter
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce/tamari
- 1/4 tsp garlic power
- 1/2 tbsp rice wine vinegar or juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce
- 1/2 tbsp honey, maple or rice maple syrup
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- To garnish – quarter of a cup of blanched peanuts, 1 sliced spring onion and a small handful of fresh coriander/cilantro
- 1 medium hot chili
- Toast the peanuts in a hot dry pan until lightly browned, remove from pan and set aside.
- Spiralize the mooli and carrots.
- Add the peanut butter to a bowl and pour on the boiled water, whisk until smooth, then add the test of the ingredients and combine well.
- Pour the sauce into a hot wok and warm until it starts to bubble, then add the noodles – at first it will seem that the sauce wont be able to coat all of the noodles, but just keep moving them around the pan and tuning them over with tongs until well coated – the veggies will release some fluid which will help loosen the thick sauce. If not add a tbsp of water to help it along. I added some pink salt at this point.
- Once the noodles are completely coated and are warmed through (this should take just a few minutes) separate between two bowls and top with the nuts, coriander and spring onion!
- Enjoy! This would be fab as a cold raw salad in the summer, simply add more water to the sauce to thin it out and a little more lime juice along with some bean shoots and fresh mint!