This epic smoothie was inspired by my deep love of the combination of chocolate and orange… I used to eat Jaffa cakes by the pack. But of course this is a much healthier way of enjoying this amazing flavour combo!
- 1/2 frozen Banana
- The flesh of half an orange
- Grated rind of half an orange
- half a medium sized carrot
- 1 tsp baobab powder
- Cold filtered water
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 2 tsp raw Cacao powder
- 1 tbsp Oats or buckwheat
- 1/2 tbsp rice malt, liquid stevia or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup nut/plant milk
- The orange layer; to a high speed blender add all of the ingredients and little water (1/4 cup) and blend until smooth… pour into the glass and pop in the fridge whilst out make the second half.
- For the chocolate layer – add the above ingredients and blend until thick and creamy.
- Pour them into a glass one at a time, be sure not to make the bottom layer too thin or the top will sink!
- Top with whatever you fancy, I added some extra orange flesh, pomegranate arils, mulberries and some dark chocolate! So simple and so delicious.