GUILT FREE SALTED CARAMEL POPCORN
Absolutely my favourite snack and super simple to make.
- 1 cup or one portion of plain popping corn
- 2 tbsp Xylitol
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp boiled water
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- pinch pink salt
- 1 tbsp coconut butter
- Cook your Popcorn according to instructions (I pop in a pan with coconut oil with the lid on tightly) leave to the side once cooked.
- Then, add the xylitol to a pan along with water, salt and vanilla.
- On a low heat, simmer until the sugar is melted – stirring continuously.
- Add the coconut butter and mix well and continue to simmer on low for a few minutes until the mixture starts turning a golden brown colour (you’ll have to take it off the heat at intervals to check the colour as when on the heat you’ll find it bubbles so it’s hard to see the actual colour).
- Once ready leave to cool slightly and then take half of the Popcorn and add to a bowl and pour over the caramel, use two spoons to coat as much of the corn as you can.
- To the other half sprinkle with salt and then add to the caramel half and combine well… enjoy!
- NOTE: If you leave the caramel for too long before pouring onto the Popcorn it may set too much, if so add a a few tsp of hot boiled water and mix well until loosened. If this doesn’t work pop in the microwave for 10 seconds at a time, until it’s runny again… enjoy!